Feel good, buy British. Handmade in Wales – Softwood Super Strong 3 Seater Bench 155cm + Armrests.
There are benches and there are ‘Super Benches’. Handmade in Wales from locally sourced softwood, this 2 to 3 seater, rustic garden bench is heavy duty and extra strong.
Rattan And Teak is proud to be a promoter of quality, British craftsmanship and to be a supporter of small businesses that make the most of the resources that are local to them. So we are delighted to be able to include this beautiful, Softwood Super Strong 3 Seater Bench, in our catalogue.
Designed and handmade in Ceredigion in West Wales this chunky, solid and durable outdoor bench has been made from locally sourced, quality softwood, including Larch and Douglas Fir, which is known for being durable, rot resistant, flexible and for having an excellent strength to weight ratio. The timber is cut in the saw mill and dried naturally before being hand-carved and sanded smooth by an expert woodworker. Left untreated, the timber retains its gorgeous natural colour and along with the chunky design, which makes use of 55mm to 60mm thick pieces of timber, this helps to create a rustic feel which has echoes of the coast, which lies only a few miles from the sawmill.
Built to last, whether used in a commercial or domestic setting
This Softwood Super Strong 3 Seater Bench is based around a classic park bench design, which is strong, sturdy and stable, but has a lovely handmade, individual, rustic feel. The generous sized backrest and bench seat are both made from one piece of timber that has been cleverly hand-cut in a pleasing wavy line down the middle, forming two slats. Meanwhile the armrests are an impressive 15cm wide and are beautifully curved, being both comfortable to use and lovely to look at.
While the leg struts are straight and solid, the edges of the seat, backrest and armrests are gently angled and softly curving, reflecting the natural shapes of the softwood from which they are made, rather than being angular, as in many mass manufactured picnic benches.
Being handmade from a natural product, each bench has its own unique shapes and textures. The bench is made from green, air dried timber so will age and crack naturally, adding character, and will turn to a beautiful silver grey as it grows old. If you do wish to treat the timber, the manufacturer recommends using Osmo UV-protection oil.
Are you a commercial buyer? Do you need additional seating?
If you would like to buy more than one of these benches, contact us for a Bulk Buy Quote.
The Softwood Super Strong 3 Seater Bench has the following features
- Designed and handmade in Wales by an expert carpenter who gives every piece of furniture that unique and personal touch.
- Manufactured from locally sourced, naturally dried and untreated Welsh softwood, including Larch and Douglas Fir which is known for being durable, rot resistant, flexible and for having an excellent strength to weight ratio.
- The bench is made from green, air dried timber so will age and crack naturally, adding character, and will turn to a beautiful silver grey as it grows old. If you do wish to treat the timber, the manufacturer recommends using Osmo UV-protection oil.
- Thick, chunky, solid design making this a strong outdoor seat that will last for many years to come.
- Rustic, natural design that brings with it a lovely beachcomber feel.
- Classic, strong, park bench design with broad armrests for added comfort as well as aesthetic appeal.
- Seats 2 to 3 people .
- Suitable for year-round outdoor use.
- Suitable for commercial or domestic settings.
Length 155cm; Depth 70cm; Height 96cm; Seat height 49cm; Armrest height 74cm; Seat depth 42cm; Timber thickness 5.5 to 6cm
Need a parasol to go with your bench so you can relax in the shade?
Browse our collection of stunning garden parasols.
Want to know more about Welsh Softwoods and their uses?
According to Woodknowledge Wales, Wales has one of the most favourable environments in Europe for growing conifers such as Sitka spruce, Douglas fir, larch and other minor species.Find out more about the use of Welsh Softwoods in construction in this fascinating guide.