Macaque 3 Seater Oak Garden Swing Seat.
A 3 seater oak garden swing seat with a truly rustic design
With its twisted wood frame, the Macaque 3 Seater Oak Garden Swing Seat looks like something from a fairy tale. Built from oak branches that have been gathered after falling from the tree, the frame looks simple and rustic while the seat is made from a mix of cut and natural planks that looks pleasingly irregular. Add to that all the knots and the splits that you would expect to see in a piece of oak and which have been preserved and you have a swing seat that is as much a piece of woodland sculpture as it is a piece of furniture.
For comfort the swinging seat has arm rests that are lovely, flat and wide, while to complete the rustic look the swingseat is suspended form the frame with chunky, knotted, plaited rope.
We want you to enjoy your Macaque 3 Seater Oak Garden Swing Seat for many years to come so the oak has been pre-treated to protect it from the elements.
Swinging smoothly and safely
The swinging mechanism is fabricated from steel and has a similar design to that used for boat carbines. This means the swing will sway back and forth smoothly and safely.
For added stability and easy assembly, the frame is secured with steel bolts.
Dimensions: Height 190cm; Depth 150cm; Width 270cm; Seat height 41-45cm
The Macaque Oak Garden Swing Seat is also available in a smaller, 2 Seater size.
Note : The price of this item includes installation. The swing will be fully assembled by our installation team.
The Macaque 3 Seater Oak Garden Swing Seat has the following features
- Natural oak frame made from responsibly sourced wood that has fallen naturally from the trees not cut.
- The wood has been pre-treated to protect it from the weather.
- Seat made from a mix of cut and natural oak planks.
- Broad, flat arms for comfort.
- Swing suspended by a rope which is plaited for strength and taped at both ends so it won’t fray.
- Steel swinging mechanism enabling the swing to move smoothly and stay level.
- Frame secured with steel bolts for quick assembly and added strength.
The benefits of being a swinger
Yes, it’s official. Being a swinger is good for you. Find out why, in this fascinating article by Elaine Ambrose in the HuffPost.