Hockney Reclaimed Teak 240cm Backless Garden Bench.
A 2.4m, reclaimed teak, backless bench … enjoy it as a stand-alone seat or match it up with one of our Hockney tables
Teak garden benches come in all shapes, sizes and designs, but if it’s quality, strength and durability you are after, then our Hockney range is bound to catch your eye. The designs are simple and rustic, with chunky legs and substantial, solid wood seat struts that are built to endure regular and long-lasting use.
This Hockney Reclaimed Teak 240cm Backless Garden Bench has been hand finished in reclaimed teak using a technique known as patching which has been perfected over generations by the craftspeople of Indonesia from where the timber is sustainably sourced. Patching involves intricate cutting of the reclaimed teak so that heavily damaged areas of the grain can be restored and carefully smoothed. The timber is then finished with a black wash that really enhances the beauty and the pattern of the natural grain.
Comfortable, no-slat seat
The Hockney Reclaimed Teak 240cm Backless Garden Bench will look lovely in any garden or outdoor area but can also be matched with one of our rectangular reclaimed teak Hockney dining tables – and would look good inside or out.
The bench seat is formed from smooth, solid teak planks that are joined tightly together, so there are no annoying slats, and running beneath the seat, at ground level, is a horizontal support beam, with a series of diagonal struts, which give the bench added rigidity and strength. There will certainly be no wobble here.
The quality of the build doesn’t stop there. This Hockney Reclaimed Teak 240cm Backless Garden Bench is expertly finished with hand-cut mortise and tenon joints, reinforced with teak dowels to enhance the bench’s strength and durability. This is a seat that is built to withstand regular, long-term use and so is suitable for commercial as well as domestic settings.
Enjoy the benefits of reclaimed teak
This striking 2.4m long, Hockney backless bench is crafted from reclaimed teak so if you care about the environment and the impact of global deforestation, then this is a good option for you. Teak comes with many natural qualities that are beneficial too. Having a high oil content, teak is naturally water resistant and resistant to damage from chemicals, fire and insects so it is perfect for year-round use outdoors if you wish.
Our Hockney Reclaimed Teak 240cm Backless Garden Bench has the following features
- Sourced from eco-friendly, A Grade, reclaimed teak timber.
- Hand crafted and hand finished not mass manufactured.
- Expertly put together with mortise and tenon joints reinforced with teak dowels for added strength and durability as well as beauty.
- Finished with a black wash that accentuates the natural beauty of the grain.
- Requires virtually no maintenance. An annual wash will ensure the table’s beauty for many years to come.
- Robust, hard wearing and durable with a smooth hand finish.
- Naturally high in oils making the teak naturally weather, water, chemical and termite-resistant.
- Suitable for year-round outdoor use.