Rattan and Teak is a trading style of Furn4 Limited, company number 11067052, and operates in accordance with Furn4's Health and Safety policies.
Health and Safety - Why does it matter?
We are all responsible for making Furn4 Limited a safe place to work and to make sure that our customers are kept safe at all times. Everyone should be able to do their job in a safe working environment. Our customers rightly expect our deliveries and our events to be carried out safely so that they can enjoy shopping with us.
Furn4 Ltd operates in the UK and complies with the UK's safety laws and regulations. Our own standards exceed basic legal requirements to ensure that no-one is exposed to injury or harm. Accidents and injuries can cause distress to colleagues and customers, and in some cases can have very serious consequences. As well as the personal impact that an injury can have on individuals and others’ lives, the disruption to the business caused through absence from work and costs from investigation, medical treatment and compensation can be substantial.
Failure to deliver on our responsibilities could also lead to legal action being taken against us, damaging our company's reputation and the trust that our customers and colleagues have in us.
Our Health and Safety policy
Furn4 has a Health and Safety policy which is reviewed and agreed annually. Our current policy is dated 29th November 2017 and sets out the following general statements to which all employees are expected to adhere.
Furn4 will make every reasonable effort to:
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health by managing the health and safety risks in the workplace;
- Provide clear instructions and information, as well as adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work;
- Engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions;
- Implement emergency procedures – evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident. For fire risk assessments go to www.gov.uk/workplace-fire-safety-your-responsibilities;
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe storage/use of substances.
First Aid and Accident Logs
There are First Aid boxes located at the Furn4 company office at Minnerva Mill, Alcester, Warwickshire and in the company vans.
The accident book is held and maintained by Jon Yeomans.
Accidents and ill health at work are reported under RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) - see www.hse.gov.uk/riddor
At Furn4 we regularly carry out and review risk assessments so that any identified hazards can be resolved as soon as possible. Risk assessment policy is put together using advice from the Health and Safety Executive 08/14.