Batu Teak Root Bird House On A Stand
A tall, rustic bird sustainable teak root bird house on a stand made from pieces of genuine teak root.
At Rattan and Teak we love finding unusual accessories that not only make great centrepieces in your garden, but which are also functional. This charming, rustic Batu Teak Root Bird House On A Stand certainly ticks both of those boxes.
Solid, chunky and built to last, this gorgeous bird house has a sturdy, thick, teak root trunk stand. Mounted on the top is a charming bird house with opening, sheltered by a sloping roof made from further, thick pieces of cut teak root. Measuring 145 to 155cm tall (yes, being hand made not mass manufactured, every house is slightly different and unique), there is plenty of space here for families of birds to come and feed or take shelter.
With its rustic finish, the bird house celebrates the natural textures and colours of the teak root from which it is made, and to add to the charm, every one is completely unique.
Mix and match
Why not match this Bird House with one of our Teak Root Bird Baths or with one of our many other teak root accessories or pieces of garden furniture? Our range includes teak root tables, stools and bar sets. Browse the full collection here.
The Bird Table has the following features:
- Hand-crafted from genuine pieces of teak root.
- Large, spacious bird house with plenty of room for bird families to feed and shelter.
- Rustic finish which celebrates the natural textures and tones of the wood.
- Solid and chunky, meaning this bird table will last you a life time.
- As teak has a dense grain it is naturally resistant to dampness, insect infestation and less likely to rot or crack. That means your bird house requires very little maintenance and will stay looking beautiful for years to come.
Bring in the birds
If you would like to know more about how to attract birds into your garden, then this article by BBC Wildlife Magazine may help.
How to buy teak responsibly
If you would like to know more about sustainably sourced teak and reclaimed teak furniture, you can read our Blog on How to Buy Teak Responsibly. We also found this useful blog by Nigel Pengelly of Aspen and Ash.