Traditional Balinese Sun Parasol Umbrella – Mint Green – Diameter 2m.
A beautiful, cool, Mint Green Sun Parasol Umbrella handcrafted in Bali
Rattan and Teak is a small, family business, so we love nothing more than supporting other small businesses, just like ours. That’s why we are proud to stock a beautiful and vibrant range of Traditional Balinese Sun Parasols, handmade in Bali by a family-run company.
These glorious Sun Parasols or Umbrellas – which have a 200cm diameter canopy – are all hand carved, hand printed, hand woven and hand painted. They come in a choice of bright and cheerful colours including this cool Mint Green. Take a look at our photographs to see exactly where these lovely home or garden accessories are made.
Beautiful decorative detail
Each Traditional Balinese Sun Parasol features an exquisitely carved wooden pole, decorated with gold paint and crowned with a beautifully shaped, golden top knob.
Meanwhile the cool Mint Green canopy has been hand printed with intricate gold leaf patterns, and is decorated around the edges with a fringe of hand woven tassles and a mix of wooden and golden, metallic beads. As well as adding a touch of glamour, this lovely fringing will help to keep off those pesky flies and insects in the summer.
The underside of the sun parasol canopy is as beautiful as the top. At the centre of the canopy, hiding the rods which help the umbrella to open and close, is a stunning, basket style weave of matching mint green threads, forming a lovely conical or fan shape.
Using the Sun Parasol
The Traditional Balinese Sun Parasol Umbrellas are delightfully easy to operate. To open the canopy, simply grasp the pole firmly and slide the wooden canopy base-piece up the pole. When the canopy is fully open, slot the wooden peg through the pole, using the hole provided.
To collapse the sun parasol, just pull out the wooden peg, which is attached to the canopy by a piece of matching mint green cord so it won’t get lost, and let the canopy gently close.
Your sun umbrella is lightweight enough to be taken out with you on picnics and day trips, but if you want to fix it really firmly in place, then why not add a Traditional Balinese Sun Parasol Base to your basket before checkout? If you buy one of these bases with your parasol, you can get 30% off the regular retail price.
Features of the Traditional Balinese Sun Parasol Umbrella:
- Handmade in Bali by a small, family run business, which means that rather than being mass manufactured, every sun parasol receives individual love, care and attention.
- Strong, hand-carved wooden pole and spurs with hand painted gold patterns on the pole and top piece.
- Beautiful, intricate decorative detail on the top and underside of the canopy – with hand printed gold leaf patterns, hand woven threads to cleverly mask the mechanism, and a fringe of tassels with a mix of wooden and gold metallic beads and hearts which are not only aesthetically pleasing, but also keep out the insects.
- Easy open and close mechanism, with a simple wooden peg attached to the canopy with a matching coloured cord so it doesn’t get lost.
- Specially made, decorative parasol base available as an optional extra.
Canopy diameter: 200cm
Why not mix and match your Sun Parasols?
Not sure if you really need a base for your sun parasol?
Rattan and Teak always puts safety first and we want our customers to stay safe too. That’s why we always recommend using a good quality base with a parasol, to ensure that your sun umbrella is secure and stable.
Home and Garden Safety Checklists
Fore more tips on how to stay safe in your garden, visit the ROSPA website where there is a handy Home & Garden Safety Checklist.