6 Seater Picnic Table 150cm, that has been Handmade in Wales. Feel good, buy British!
Handmade in Wales with locally sourced Welsh softwood, this heavy duty, rustic picnic table will seat up to 6 people
Rattan And Teak is proud to be a promoter of quality, British craftsmanship and to be a supporter of small businesses that make the most of the resources that are local to them. So we are delighted to be able to include this beautifully rustic, Wooden 6 Seater A Frame Picnic Table, in our catalogue.
Designed and handmade in Ceredigion in West Wales this chunky, solid and durable picnic table has been made from locally sourced, quality softwood, including Larch and Douglas Fir, which is known for being durable, rot resistant, flexible and for having an excellent strength to weight ratio. The timber is cut in the saw mill and dried naturally before being hand-carved and sanded smooth by an expert woodworker. Left untreated, the timber retains its gorgeous natural colour and along with the chunky design, which makes use of 55mm to 60mm thick pieces of timber, this helps to create a rustic feel which has echoes of the coast, which lies only a few miles from the sawmill.
Built to last, whether used in a commercial or domestic setting
This Wooden 6 Seater Picnic Table is based around the classic A Frame design, which is strong, sturdy and stable. The two backless benches, which are secured to the table frame by thick cross beams, are each made from a single, solid piece of timber and will seat up to 6 people comfortably.
Like the table top, the edges of the benches are gently angled and softly curving, reflecting the natural shapes of the softwood from which they are made, rather than being angular, as in many mass manufactured picnic benches.
Being handmade from a natural product, each table top has its own unique shapes and textures, with 2, 3 or more thick, chunky slats, complete with central parasol hole to fit all standard parasols.
The picnic table is made from green, air dried timber so will age and crack naturally, adding character, and will turn to a beautful silver grey as it grows old. If you do wish to treat the timber, the manufacturer recommends using Osmo UV-protection oil.
Are you a commercial buyer? Do you need additional seating?
If you would like more seating, then this quality, handmade picnic table is also available as an 8 Seater (180cm) and a 10 Seater (210cm).
If you would like to buy more than one of these picnic tables, contact us for a Bulk Buy Quote.
The 6 Seater A Frame Picnic Table has the following features
- Designed and handmade in Wales by an expert carpenter who gives every piece of furniture that unique and personal touch.
- Manufactured from locally sourced, naturally dried and untreated Welsh softwood, including Larch and Douglas Fir which is known for being durable, rot resistant, flexible and for having an excellent strength to weight ratio.
- The picnic table is made from green, air dried timber so will age and crack naturally, adding character, and will turn to a beautful silver grey as it grows old. If you do wish to treat the timber, the manufacturer recommends using Osmo UV-protection oil.
- Thick, chunky, solid design making this a strong table and bench set that will last for many years to come.
- Rustic, natural design that brings with it a lovely beachcomber feel.
- Classic, strong, A Frame design with thick cross-bars to add stability and strength and to support the benches.
- Central parasol hole .
- Benches made from single pieces of solid timber, meaning they are comfortable to sit on as well as strong.
- Seats up to 6 people .
- Suitable for year-round outdoor use.
- Suitable for commercial or domestic settings.
Overall Length 150cm; Table Width 90cm; Overall Width 170cm; Height 77cm; Bench height 33cm; Timber thickness 5.5 to 6cm
Need a parasol to go with your picnic table?
Browse our collection of stunning garden parasols.
Want to know more about Welsh Softwoods and their uses?
According to Woodknowledge Wales, Wales has one of the most favourable environments in Europe for growing conifers such as Sitka spruce, Douglas fir, larch and other minor species.Find out more about the use of Welsh Softwoods in construction in this fascinating guide.